Age of Empires 3 Colors Problem?

Whenever I start AoE 3 or Warchiefs, I get inverted/distorted colors...I have tried changing smoe color settings, but it does not seem to work. I can not even see the menu bar in the game. Any help is appreciated. I have an HP Pavillion dv6500t. Also, how do I find out my graphics card specs? I do have windows Vista.

Comments

• I had this same problem with AOE 2 on Vista.

I solved it by right clicking on the link to the game and choosing properties. Go to the compatibility tab and choose to run under WinXP SP2. Also check the box under privilege to run as administrator.

This straightened out the color problem [water areas were showing as multi-colored dots instead of blue].

To view information on your video card, go to the control panel and open device manager. Look under display adapters and choose properties for your adapter.

• nicely.. you mentioned you had vista. vista might merely be to new for AOE3. and if that may not the undertaking its your photographs card. not sure on a thank you to earnings it yet u gota study on the container what photograph card it neads!!! get the final one (the right one) which will supply u greater valuable threat of enjoying insted of asserting " unwell get this one its all maximum a similar" all maximum won't do. so your thoughts are A) do away with vista and get xp B)get the photographs card it particularly is asserted on the interest case. C) set 3 sticks of dynamite on the comp, throw it out a window then await it to explode. then initiate capturing at it with a magnum. lol