15th/16th century girls names?

I can't find anywhere that'll tell me popular or even unpopular girls names of the 15th/16th century so I'm asking you! If you post a name please tell me which century it's from too. Boys name's welcome too.

Also I'd like to know in the 15th/16th century was it like you see in films where it's all dark and cobble stoned with dim gas lamps lighting the streets (in villages). If not, then in what century was it like this? Or was it only ever like this in towns??

Comments

• Children born during these times were baptized a few days after their birth. The names chosen for them were very often the names of either parents, grandparentds or godparents, as a sign of respect, and unusual name giving was not in practice, the idea being that to use a common name would seal community and family ties. Elizabeth, Katherine, Mary, Agnes, Maude (Matilda), Joan, Anne, Alice, were common as were John, Robert, William, Richard. Certainly, think of Kings and Queens, as well as Saints. Middle names were virtually unheard of.

• Girls-

Elizabeth

Mary

Margaret

Anne

Catherine

Joan

Eleanor

Manila

Phillipa

Bridget

Cicily

Ursula

Isabella

Lucy

Sarah

Amy

Jane

Lettice

Boys-

Henry

Edward

Edmond

William

John

Richard

Arthur

Robert

James

Bartholomew

Charles

George

• 16th Century Names

• Keep in mind that names varied depending on what country you're in. For example, Catherine was, and still is, a very popular name but in Spain it's more commonly found as Catalina, Caterina in Italy, Cathleen in Ireland and Ekaterina in the Bulgarian and Macedonian regions. In today's world it's very common to see all these names used no matter where you are, but back in the 15th/16th centuries name variations were kept mostly to their regions with very little crossing over. It was not unusual for foreign Princesses to change their names to suit their new countries. For example, Queen Katherine of Aragon was born Infanta Catalina de Aragón y Castilla. She changed her name to the english Katherine to better fit in with her new people.

• In the 15th and 16th centuries, it was common practice to name a child

after the saint whose feast day was celebrated on the day of the child's birth.

For example, a child born on this day (July 29th), might very well be called Margaret, William or Olaf.

• Mary, Catherine, Anne, Jane, Elizabeth, Margaret, Isabella

William, Henry, Richard, John, Oliver, Charles, Edward, James

Yes, it was dark and damp. Gas lamps weren't used until the late 18th century. Torches were used instead.

• If you are tired of spending money on beverages through the night considering you'll receive anywhere, and you never do then you should know that there are always a greater techniques, practices that you will discover in that book https://tr.im/RuS5U .

Tao of Badass teaches you how knowledge women since, this way you're not only can get that hot woman at the party but you may get any person you desire.

Tao of Badass will provide you with the methods to produce each person in just about any room fall in love with you.

• When you are with her give her your full attention. Put your phone on mute or do not disturb; don’t talk to others more than her and don’t leave her alone when you’re on a date. Read here https://tr.im/tFgXe

Of course there are other people in the room but you don’t want their attention, you want hers. If you have an attractive waitress, only look her way briefly when giving your order. You don’t want to be rude to whoever is serving your food, but don’t engage her or acknowledge her beyond what’s necessary. Women pay attention to these things and will appreciate that you don’t have a wandering eye. If you must leave your date’s side for a moment, give her a peck on the cheek before you leave.

• Common names in the UK included but aren't limited to:

Elizabeth

Mary

Catherine / Katherine

Anne

Hannah

Margaret

In Europe there were variations so Mary in France was more likely to be Marie...

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/search/0/century

• This Site Might Help You.

RE:

15th/16th century girls names?

I can't find anywhere that'll tell me popular or even unpopular girls names of the 15th/16th century so I'm asking you! If you post a name please tell me which century it's from too. Boys name's welcome too.

Also I'd like to know in the 15th/16th century was it like you see...