Can't boot into safemode?

I haven't been able to start my computer in safemode after Bitdefender quarantined a trojan & my computer restarted. I ran full scans with both Bitdefender & Malwarebytes, trojans were found and deleted. The computer starts in normal mode & last good configuration, but I'm not able to boot into safemode to run a scan. Apparently using safeboot option in msconfig is not a good idea in this case, since most likely the malware could have deleted safeboot registry keys. I also ran system restore to a previous date, but that didn't solve the problem. So far, everything else seems to work fine. I realize I could reinstall or recover my o/s, but is there anything else I could try?

Comments

• Hi. I assume you tried tapping the F8 key during boot. If so and safe mode still, use system restore to go to a date before you downloaded Bit Defender. (Malwarebytes has never caused a pronlem for me.)

• If that's a trogan virus you could attempt emptying your cookies and internet data then run a test do a restart and if it nonetheless comes up on your anti virus it assist you to be attentive to the place that's make an assertion of what that's called and the place that's,then you extremely can pass into your desktops seek and punch interior the call it would carry it up then you extremely can delete it, or pass into your software data and seem for it manually, if it won't delete then pass into risk-free mode and delete from there. yet make valuable that's a plague and not something that's want on your laptop.