Does a vasectomy hurt?

I learned about it in health class... and I'm really wondering.... i know they put a light dose of something to knock feeling out of your scrotum.. but really, does it hurt all that much

Comments

• I had one done 5 years ago. It will indeed sting a little when the Doc inserts the needle to numb the scrotum. But you wont feel anything but a little pressure during the procedure. You will need to wear a jock strap for the next month or so. The first time you have an orgasm after it is done, will feel a little strange as you will feel some pressure in the testicles afterward. After that first time or two, it feels as normal as before the procedure was done.

I have not regretted the decision to have a Vasectomy. I have 2 beautiful kids and that's all the wife and I wanted. Sex with my wife is much more fun and relaxing knowing we don't have to worry about pregnancy.

If you are content with your life enough to have the procedure then go for it and don't look back.

• A local anesthetic will indeed be put into the scrotum, and this stings a little, like any local does.

Then a tiny cut (about 1cm) is made into the scrotum, the vas located and ligated (tied and cut). A small stitch may be put into the scrotum to close the wound. There may be some pulling and discomfort of the scrotum afterwards, but no real pain.

• It hurts like a mutha when they shove that needle in to numb it.Didnt hurt while it was going on. It then hurt me for over two weeks because of swelling. Not everyone has that problem but i did. Bottom line mine hurt and hurt alot.

Yeah yeah it does more than sting a little when they numb it. FOr a couple seconds it felt like someone had a kungfu death grip on my nads.

• I had mine done almost 25 years ago. No it did not hurt. Technology has probably improved to the point where there is even less chance of pain these days.

People will often equate it with being kicked there, etc. That is just how immature people try to scare you.