Across Canada on a Vespa?

Could I ride a Vespa across Canada without it dying half-way?

How many hours could I ride it a day without it overheating or something else?

Comments

• Anything is possible, but what the heck - Using the Vespa S Specifications you are limited to a max speed of 59 mph (60 if you are going downhill with a tailwind). Good news is it will get 72 mpg most of the time, bad news is you only have a 2.3 gallon tank so your range is about 160 miles or so depending on load, road conditions (hills) and how you are riding it.

Good news is if it's a new one out of the dealership you have a one year factory warranty and 24-hour roadside assistance.

Across Canada so I am assuming you are going to do like Victoria to Quebec - Lot's of mountains, lots of distance - sounds like a good trip about 5k km.

• Wow!! You get kudos for ambition alone. :o)

The Vespa isn't really designed with long-distance touring in mind, but that doesn't mean you can't. The problem is that it might be a little short on rider comforts and weather protection, so you may find your daily mileages limited. If I was making a long-distance haul like this I probably wouldn't want to do much more than 250 miles per day depending on the roads I was using, and would plan to take the weekends off to rest. You should probably make sure you plan your fuel stops so you never run dry.

As for the scooter, well it should just run and run. If you make sure you look after it properly and get it serviced when it's due it should be fine. As a matter of personal taste I'd aim to take a water-cooled scoot rather than an air-cooled one.

I expect you'll start to feel the mileage long before the Vespa does.

• I have gone across the States, coast to coast 4 times on m Vespa GTS250. Made it down to Key West FL once and back to Olympia WA. This summer (2015) will go across southern Canada to the east coast and back thru the northern states to home, Olympia. There are a lot more Vespa riders out there that have gone a lot more then me.......they just don't talk about it much. Busy riding!

There are plenty

• We can go anywhere with Vespa, but for long distance and freeway riding, should have at least 250cc or bigger engine scooter.

• That would be an adventure! Yes you could do it. (It's been done on bicycles why not a Vespa?) You could even write a book about it!

Can I go with you???

• Sure you can , there are some old people who get together and ride their Kymco 50cc scooter across America and they do the Rockies

• I wouldn't really want to try it on a 50 cc model ( especially through the Rockies in B.C. and Alberta ) but a larger one may be able to do it.

• why not. ive gone further on a lot worse