2001 Dodge ram 1500 A/C problem?

well say my truck sits overnight, i drive it in the morning the ac works great for a period of time then turns to warm, i checked and my compressor runs while its cold and i checked when it gets warm and it seems the compressor just stops spinning. im so confused as to why it would just stop spinning after around 10 mins. PLEASE HELP also when the warm air is being blown its smells funny and its kinda humid air. i dont really have much money so what does it cost to get it looked at nowadays?

Comments

• try adding a can of freon to it,when they get low that will cause them to cycle on and off like that,that's the cheapest thing you can do to get it working again,if that don't work then have a shop diagnose it for you,good luck.

• This Site Might Help You.

RE:

2001 Dodge ram 1500 A/C problem?

well say my truck sits overnight, i drive it in the morning the ac works great for a period of time then turns to warm, i checked and my compressor runs while its cold and i checked when it gets warm and it seems the compressor just stops spinning. im so confused as to why it would just stop...

• Its a 10yo truck. Could be out of refrigerant, bad compressor or condenser. Get it looked at

• You are most likely low on Freon. The system has a pressure sensor that shut off the compressor if the pressure gets too low. Once the compressor shuts off it will blow warm air. I would try adding a can of freon and see if the compressor stay on. The better kits have a gauge on them so you can tell if its low and when you have enough.