MOT fail due to ABS fault?

i have an old mazda mx6,i put in in for it's MOT and it came back as '' anti-lock braking system warning lamp indicates an ABS fault (3.4.1d). I had an auto sparky check it out as the light on the dash always goes out when turning the key and stays out, the sparky say's he can't find any issue either cause if the ABS light stayed on then this would indicate a fault, can anyone out there help

Comments

• i own an mot station ..these testers are very experienced ..if the light stays off then take it back for a retest ..its should pass

• The light has a certain sequence that it should go through from switch on and start up and even if it ultimateky goes off it may not be following this and so it fails OR the tester has read his chart/book of ABS routines wrongly and has failed it when it should be a pass.

If they are friendly at the test station get them to say what it did as opposed to what it should have done.

Another possibility is that the fault occurred during the brake testing part of the test so maybe ask them about that too.

• If you can show to the tester, that the light is behaving correctly (e.g. as written in the owner's manual) then it must pass. The tester may expect the light to stay on for a second or 2, then go out.

• hi definite that is going to fail the MOT. The brakes are operating high-quality, although the ABS isn't operating in any respect, and if the gentle is on it isn't only in choose of a reset, the sensor is in choose of restore. it will be that the sensor is both damaged, pushed too some distance in, no longer pushed in some distance sufficient, or only dirty. very acceptable regards Geordie