Can i use my digital camera as a webcam?

i have a HP Photosmart E317 digital camera and i was wondering if i could use it as a webcam? when i plug it into my computer on the camera's screen it shows "Connected to coomputer" and nothing else. behind the text is just green. i have a feeling that the answer will be no.

Comments

• If all else fails..."Read Directions First!"

Go to your camera's support site and READ what it can do and what it can't do...I'm not going to do that for you... :-\

• olympus C-5060 can not be used as webcam. that's nowhere reported in it incredibly is literature that this digicam helps webcam characteristic. If there is any exterior driving force or attachement that could make a tremendous-unfold digicam paintings like a webcam, then i could want to be attentive to that too :)

• Probaly not but if you have any further questions that we wont be able to answer try going to the store that you got it from or a camera shop to see if they can find the problem

• No, it is connected to computer to download your pictures. There is software to enable use of a camcorder as a webcam. Google for more info, I can't remember the name os the software.

• you can't but you can go to run then browse and find the cramra icon, and you can se the pictures.