Do most sheep require a shepard?

Are you one of them?

Comments

• Yes, and the shepherd has many names. My favorite name is Big Brother.

I am not one of them.

• Well just wondering, many call sheep stupid as christians, but if you've spent time around them or know a shepherd you would hear or know they are not stupid. They do however find themselves prone to wander or follow other sheep wandering.

They don't seem to have a natural ability to find food or water on their own nor really be able to survive well without a shepherd. For this reason I would say they were almost designed to need a shepherd.

Now to your other question as to whether I'm a sheep? Literally no, but figuratively I would say I have many attributes of sheep. Whether it's my desire to stay near God or to remember what I was doing when I walked into a room, I'd say yes, I'm forgetful as to my purpose or desires of what is right or good. I naturally tend to wander from Christ and what is good, doing my own will.

A shepherd who finds a sheep who wanders generally would break one of it's legs and carry it around till it was nursed back to health. The sheep who's leg was broken would build such a strong bond with the shepherd that he would no longer wander. I'd say this is similarly to what Christ has done in my life as I no longer wish to leave his side and love him entirely with my heart, body, spirit, and mind.

• Not these days. Sheep get to look after themselves most of the time. The farmer will round them up for shearing etc and uses dogs to help. Some more basic societies still use shepherds or goatherds but most sheep never see a shepherd.

Please note the spelling of "shepherd". It means someone who herds sheep.

• It's much better for the sheep to be under the watchful eye of the shepherd, but it is not absolutely necessary.

Am I sheeple? Yes I am. All are. No-one is as independent, wise or intelligent as they like to think.

• All sheep require is air food and water

• well there are a lot of wild sheep... and there are a lot of tamed sheep... so yes but no ask. Australians they are the #1 producer of wool from sheep hope that helped :)

• Societies can't fuction without the proper roles in society.

• all of them

yes

baaaaa now!