How to catch a parakeet?

My two parakeets learned how to open their cage. their cage is outside. right now they are flyeing around in my padio. its almost been a year. i ibought treats for thrm today. ive tried the net it doesnt work. everytime i try to catch them it doesnt work! IM SO FRUSTERATED. do you think i can train them after i catch them?

Comments

• If it is warm weather get a clean empty spray bottle, make sure it is clean and does not have anything harmful in it or had anything harmful in it.

Fill it with warm water and spray the birds, not a harsh spray but just a fine mist, keep misting them until they are wet as they find it hard to fly when wet, they will be a lot easier to net like this.

Once you have caught them but them somewhere warm and draft free until they dry.

• you can hang a find net (biologist do this) across your patio, when the birds fly the wont see it and are likely to fly right into it. I would stay close by to watch them while the net is out and once they fly into it the only way for them to get free is for you to get them.

As for training..Have they been flying around your patio for a year?! It wont be easy. Secure then in their cage, bring them INSIDE your home and let them watch you. hand feed them as much as you can they should start to come around as long as you are consistent. Remember, NEVER punish them. hitting, swatting, or even flicking a bird can kill it and does no good in teaching it at all.