Glucose Test - Pregnancy?

What exactly is the glucose test for?

Is it really needed?

Comments

• HELL NO. It is so freakin innacurate. It's not a realistic way to measure your blood sugar levels. Truth be known if you had gestational diabetes, your urine test would pick up on it, and if you really wanted a more accurate measurement, go visit a diabetic friend and have lunch with them, wait 30 minutes and then use their tester. I went round and round with this with my first doctor (needless to say I switched to a midwife for the last 2 pregnancies) If you don't want to do it, then don't, they can't make you. I'm sure there's going to be some people on here telling you how crucial it is to have this test done but you think for yourself on this hon, it's YOUR body and YOUR baby, you would have already known if there was a problem. Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy!

p.s.- all 3 of my babies were healthy and under 7.5lbs!

• Glucose Testing is done to see if you have Gestational Diabetes (Diabetes while Pregnant). To learn more about Gestational Diabetes and the affects it can cause you baby click on the link...

I have had 2 glucose tests recently. One was a one hour the second was a 3-hour. They will make you drink a very sugary liquid with some flavoring, mine was orange. Yuck. Then you wait for an hour - for me they drew blood and I left. Some people may take a urine specimen, rather than drawing blood.

Good Luck Dear...

• Glucose test is for gestational diabetes. Some woman get this when they are pregnant. It doesn't mean that you will have diabetes! It occurs while pregnant and goes away after giving birth.

• Alot of people develop diabetes while they are pregnant. The glucose test just checks if you are one of the people that have a risk of it and then are able to treat you before you have symptoms.

• They test you for gestational diabetes. You can get gestational diabetes even if you do not have diabetes before you get pregnant. yes it is really needed. If you have it and don't get treated you will have a very big baby and other problems. Get the test for your and baby sake. Its just fasting and drinking some stuff that tastes like very concentrated orange pop.

• i think it truly is now established prepare to do the try no count number when you're extreme threat of having diabetes or no longer. I had my first toddler 6 years in the past and do not think i replaced into even conscious gestational diabetes existed, i replaced into in no way examined for it, and that i do not imagine it replaced into ever even pronounced about it. My circumstances back then were the exact same as they are literally, except for then i replaced into 17 now i'm 23. My nan on my mums aspect has diabetes My uncle (blood proper) on my dads aspect has diabetes i'm over weight also I do have the further 'threat' that my very last toddler replaced right into a huge toddler at 9lb 2oz They did the try this time at 27 weeks, i replaced into cautioned about 6weeks in strengthen about my try and cautioned it replaced right into a 2 hour try. after I went for it I had to quickly from 10pm the nighttime earlier have my blood taken, drink the very sweet bright yellow drink move away for 2 hours, nevertheless no longer eat something and then move back to have my blood taken back. the subsequent day I were given my consequences and were given the all sparkling. My midwife suggested although that my blood sugar levels were about 0.2 faraway from having gestational diabetes, so it replaced into very close, yet they didnt e book me in for any futher finding out I dont believe you should ought to have the '4 prick' try although until eventually after having undesirable consequences from the first one :/ i ought to definatly verify consisting of your clinical professional as when you're not any more particularly classed as in threat to have gestational diabetes it form of appears like alot of messing about to verify you've not were given it. i ought to point that you recommend on your clinical professional only having the only hour try earlier occurring to the first one, Legally they cant do something you dont conform to, So i will't see them holding no :) reliable success consisting of your being pregnant

• the glucose test is to make sure you dont have gestesinol diebeties it is dangerous yes it is needed good luck.

• its pretty inmprotant to get tested for diabetes during pregnancy as it could result in complications for both the mom and baby.