what bird is prettier- a canary or a parakeet?

just dont know what one to choose!

Comments

• They're both pretty, but I wouldn't get a bird just because it's pretty. Research both breeds and get whichever personality you like better. I have a budgie, which is a parakeet, and he's very funny, entertaining, sweet, and calm. For such a little guy he has a huge personality. I've never owned canaries, so I can't really tell you much about them. I know both birds are beautiful though. But like I said, learn about their personalities as well as care rather than just getting one because of looks.

• i personallyl think canaries are cuter, and in the morning the males (well i think just males....) will sing pretty songs i hear. why not just get both. get a small cage for a budgie and put the canary in a cage that you have now (or are planning on buying) a small budgie cage only costs like 20 dollars (if u live in america) and where i live, the local pet store has a special offer thing, if you buy a bird, then the cage is half off.

• I say parakeet! They are quieter and the don't need as much maintenance. Parakeets can learn to talk and pick up stuff and I don't think canaries can.

• Parakeets!

They come in a way larger variety of colors! And they can learn to talk and are more playful and friendly. All canaries do is sit and chirp in their cage. They don't have the ability to talk like Parakeets do.

• I've had both, and I prefer parakeets. My parakeets were much more fond of toys which is good as they're less likely to be bored when you're away. They were so amusing, too; I have a musical clock and they would always "dance" or bob their heads to it whenever it played. My male and I even played hide and seek around the house.

• i think the parakeet,not only it comes in different colors,you can teach them to talk too!

but canaries aren't bad either

• Hmm, I like canaries. I've never had one, but I admire their beautiful yellow plumage. They just seem so full of life, so fun. I think of daisies and the sun when I look at them. I know it sounds cheesey, but I don't care, 'cause it's true. I mean...they're just wonderful!