Transfer Video from camcorder to a camera memory card?

Is it possible to record something with a camcorder, and then insert a camera memory card into the camcorder, and save the video to the memory card?

I recorded some stuff with a camcorder but I didn't have a camera memory card with me. And now I have one but I don't know if it is possible to transfer the stuff I recorded into the camera memory card.

Update:

The video was saved to a tape, but I can't import it to my computer, so I thought maybe I can transfer the video on the tape to the camera memory card.

Comments

• If your camcorder has a limited amount of internal memory, when you recorded a video it should have been stored there.

There should be no reason why you cannot transfer your recording to external memory card, whether it be from the camcorder itself or a computer.

• What sort of camcorder is it? Some models allow you to transfer from tape to card, but the quality's very poor - it would probably be better to sort out why you can't capture the video from tape.

• insert your memory stick into the camera, go to the setup menu, scroll down to the memory stick tool. Within the tool, scroll down to copy. Click ok and all pictures from internal memory to memory stick will be copied.