Paranormal?

Okay, I am EXTREMELY interested in the paranormal and I love researching it.

I was think about writing an article for my school newspaper about the paranormal, but I'm not quite sure how to approach it.

Any thoughts/Ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Update:

Yes, I watch Ghost Hunters and Paranormal State.

Comments

• My thought would be to contact a research group in your area to talk to. You could also do a comparison article on what is mistaken for paranormal and what is actual evidence of paranormal. I also watch both these shows and I always compare how the shows differ. In Paranormal State they assume alot of things, In Ghost Hunters they assume nothing.

• 99 % of the stuff out there is a croc. I believe there are many many unexplained things in this world. I am a strong believer in many of the things we call paranormal..but approach all things with caution. If it isn't designed to make someone money, or provide entertainment to someone as a prank or otherwise, it may be real..but be careful of the crap. I have been researching paranormal things for many years ghosts etc. I have seen a few really wierd things that are unexplainable...I never talked to a ghost though..be careful.

maybe approach the subject by taking a disputed famous event that has to do with the paranormal and do a little research then give your take??

good luck.

• Ghost Hunters is fine but Paranormal state is mainly geared towards demons and possession and not realistic in my point of view. Remember if you truly believe in the paranormal you must first discount all natural causes to an occurrence before coming to any kind of paranormal conclusion. Be objective and scientific in your approach to looking at these issues, but keep an open mind because the possibilities are endless!

• Maybe you should get a group together and go research a local graveyard or other haunted place.

Bring a camera and take pictures to find orbs... Bring a thermometer to look for weird temperature changes.

Leave a tape recorder running in the area when no one is around and then listen to it for EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena).

Bring a compass and look for spots where it might move in a strange manner.

If you can find something that has a motion detector bring that and set it up too!

I think an article investigating a local haunting would be really great!

• This is MY opinion. If I were in your place. ..I WOULDN'T tell anything paranormal that happened to me or that I was even interested in it. I would put it like someone else on here said..as a question. I'd give links (there are some good ones on here..in this section. Look in the Resolved Questions on here.). Also..there are lots of tv shows you can mention. I wouldn't give an opinion in any way. I'd just show what is being told about experiences etc. Let them make up their own mind. If anyone wants to discuss it with you..maybe just say that you think it's interesting. If you get experiences from other people in town..ask permission to give their names. I think it might be better if you DIDN'T give their names.First of all..protect yourself and your reputation. Otherwise, you'll be the bunt of a lot of jokes and criticism.(especially if you live in a small town.) Good Luck!!

Edit..Did you see this link someone on here shared with us?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk

• I love the paranormal as well but if you are too write an article you must write it so that everything is stated as a theory or opinion for their is no solid proof that ghosts exsist and if you write down something as fact you may be questioned.

• This is a highly debated subject if I were you I would write on just that does it exist or not? I have some very good friends in this field in the years I have spent investigating the paranormal and some good people in this forum with good opinions there are also some very good skeptics in this forum who are openminded and can help you with the other-sides view your paper can also be interactive if you need help just ask we would love to help any way we can good luck

• If you have any experiences with the paranormal write about that. Or if you know anyone that has had an experience, interview them about it. that or you can review ghost hunting shows. A haunting and Most Haunted are great shows. I hope this helps

• Read, The Astral Plane by C W Leadbeater, The Etheric Double by Arthur E Powell, and Awaken Healing Energy Through Tao by Mantak Chia

• The problem is the complete lack of any tangible evidence for it.

Furthermore, do a search on youtube using "debunked" to see how many "psychics" and even ministers have been discovered to be using tricks. Do a search for "Derren Brown" to see some amazing non-paranormal tricks.

I think this whole thing is driven by our intense need to feel special, or believe that there is "something more" to life.

Even "out-of-body experiences" are now easily precipitated in the lab using several medical techniques, and thought to not be "paranormal".

Your school newspaper probably has *some* journalistic standards which will preclude your article anyway.