Destroy PS3 secretly?

Hello. I was wondering if someone can give me some advice on how to destroy a PS3 secretly. It has to look like it just broke down by itself. This may seem like a very weird request, but my father is game addicted and it is taking is toll on everyone in the house and the only option seems that the device somehow breaks down (of course, without putting suspicion on any family member, because if my father finds out one of us broke it, he will go absolutely crazy, as expected of most addicts).

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Totally a troll question.

• If he's addicted to it as you said he will either buy another one when that breaks down or go get it fixed.

I'm not exactly sure how you could break it but this might work. I would constantly bend the power cable or the cable that connects it to the tv, if it gets bent enough times the wires may become faulty and the system might not even turn on. Better yet just unplug the power cable and bend the connector till it breaks off.

What it took for me to away from my addiction was psychiatric help (I had other problems as well) and my parents just taking the controllers and games away so that it could not be played for over a month. I can play them now I just don't feel I need to anymore.

• Like any addiction getting rid of the addicts "drug of choice" will do absolutely nothing to help him get better, they always find a way to get their fix and will stop at nothing to obtain it. So destroying the PS3 will undoubtedly cause him to go further into this addiction. The best thing to do is a family style intervention if his gaming addiction is as bad as you say it is, if he truly cares for you and your family it will at least give him a starting point to get clean so to speak. If that doesn't work and he gets worse then professional help may be warranted.

• Try this

If you get the chance you need to wrap up the PS3 in as many blankets and towels as you can so that it will get really hot. Then turn it on while it's wrapped up in all the towels/blankets and just leave it all day long this will overheat it, it may give it the YLOD.

Or you can just stick it in the freezer for 3 hours.

• Why kill an innocent PS3? He will just get another. Get support from everyone at home, have a long, serious talk. If he doesn't comply, you can backup his profile, then delete it, and change his online password.

• Keep it on, close the windows, doors and forget about it. Come back later and it should be overheated and wont turn on.

• while he's playing a game...just take the controller...and beat him upside the head while screaming "you crazy son-of-a-*****!!! stop with your obsession and f***ing pay attention tto us or mom's leaving you!!!!" if that doesnt work i suggest getting a 9mm pistol and placing that upside his head...if that doesnt work then he's a worthless cause and you should just pull the trigger.....JUST KIDDIN XD idk wat to tell u...yur dads crazy. just HIDE HIS CONTROLLERS/SYSTEM AND DO NOT LET HIM FIND IT! PUT IT AT A FRIEND OR RELATIVES HOUSE IF YOU MUST!!!!

• pour water on it then dry it up