How do u record a DVD onto a VHS?

I tried like every outlet i have on my tv. It just wont copy onto it. I really need help. I have an igsignia LCD tv. i Am putting the dvd into my ps3 and connecting it to the tv. I am also connecting my VHS player to the tv with the tv plug AV-out plugged into the VHS AV-in. What am i doing wrong?

Update:

It is just black after i record

Comments

• a not so simple way is if you have a PC with a DvD player and a good video card and the video card supports it its possible to Connect your VCR to the video card, check your video card and go to the manufacture web page to see if it supports it...

• tryconnecting the dvd player to the vhs instead. . whats recording when you play the dvd on the tv is the vhs recording the channel instead? when recording to dvd from vhs or tv i can jsut change the source until i see the program i want to record . can you do that?

• i dont think it possible. VHS tapes are so old that it doesnt have the right stuff to copy it on DVD. well thats what i think, i might not b right. stick to DVDs. VHS kinda sucks lol no offence

• Find a friend who has a DVD and VCR combo and have them record it for you. That's the only way I know.