Do you think Obama is competent enough to protect America from nuclear /EMP attack?

Personally, I don't see him doing anything...This is serious threat.

Would he retaliate? Or go try to "talk it over". Ignore it? What will he do?

Comments

• Murphy's Golden Rule: He who has the gold, rules.

Mr. Obama is confident that this nation, which is $1,000,000,000,000s in the red worldwide will afford all that he has on "the agenda".

That means that "someone" else must be ready, conditionally, to make it seem like it's all going to happen.

I honestly think Mr. Obama is not in charge. I truley believe that the sovereignty of this nation is not.

We can't, won't, even win a simple war. Because we listen to who pays for the illusion that this is still the USA. United States of America.

We would not be "allowed" to retaliate. Those days are over.

• Um, first of all, what country is even capable of launching a nuclear attack against American soil?

N. Korea? Their best rocket booster can barely clear Japan - falling short of Hawaii by a good 4500 miles, much less the west coast. And their last launch caused China to publicly rebuke N. Korea.

Iran? Maybe within a year or two but not right now. Iran lost a lot of support even from its neighbors with its bungled, crooked election this past summer. This means even if Iran has the means to attack the US, and did so, they'd pretty much be facing a unified global coalition. I'm pretty sure even N. Korea would frown upon their antics, if for no other reasons that they don't want to be left out.

While both of these countries pose a threat to global stability as well as to their immediate neighbors, they're unlikely to actually strike at US soil even if they had the means to do so. For one thing, we already have the means of striking down an incoming missile. (note: AN as in ONE.) No, if one of these countries did decide to nuke someone, it'd be one of their closer enemies. For N. Korea, that would be S. Korea or maybe Japan. For Iran, it would almost certainly be Israel.

But let's ignore reality for a second, and play make-believe. Say someone DID manage to detonate a nuke in a major US city, like L.A. or NYC. Do you honestly think Obama would have any choice in choosing how to respond?

Remember your high school civics class! Who has the power to declare war? HINT: It ain't the president! Even George W. couldn't change that!

• No not competent at all..

He is willing to sell us out as a independent country to get agreement with our enemies.

He called us Americans arrogant in his speeches overseas.

• He wouldn't do anything. Look at Israel and Iran, the Mullahs in Iran will have a bomb by next year. Do you see Obama or "International Community" doing anything?

• Yeah he's colored, and he should still be in the back of the bus.