pregnancy/fever?

I am almost 6wks pregnant. I have fever , sore throat and runny nose...! I feel horrible!!

I checked temperature. It had been between 98.5-100F.. I am so worried that it will hurt my baby... I took tyrenol -325mg-only took one tablet and seems that it works little on fever...

Any idea? Or shall I call to doctor?

Comments

• Sounds like you have a cold :(

A fever is a sign that your body is tryingg to fight off an infection of some kind. Do the same things you do when you have a cold, like: get some rest, drink plenty of fluids, check your temp often, and don't forget the chicken soup, but DO NOT TAKE ANY COLD MEDS WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR PHYSICIAN. You will be fine.

If your temp goes above 100 call the doctor for advice just to be on the safe side.

My prayer for you...

Lord, please watch over your child and the precious baby you have given her. Help her to recover from this cold quickly, let your healing hand go over her body right now. In Jesus' name. Amen.

• I'm not a dr. but I have four children of my own. I believe that it is safe to take tylenol, I know I had a few bad headaches when I was pregnant and I took it. You probably are coming down with a cold, but to be on the safe side and to help yourself feel better I would get in touch with your dr. They may also be able to tell you of another type of medicine that is safe to take that will help more with your symptoms. I hope you get well soon!

• If your temp gets over 101 then you need to call your doctor. You need to make sure that the cause of the fever isn't something that could hurt the baby. Your body is fighting an infection sometimes it has to run the coarse but it may need to be treated. Make sure to drink lots of fluids to make up for the fever. You need to be hydrated!!!!!

• tylonal is the only thing recommended by doctors when pregnant. you can tak ethe recommended dosage and still be safe. call your doctor if you feel that bad- your ob, since thats the doctor that will take care of you your whole preg for every problem you have. describe your symptoms and see if they will either call you in something or have you come to the office. goodl uck

• well if i remember correctly, u can take sudefed when pregnant and have cold like symptoms,but to be on the safe side, confirm it with your obgyn first

• not unless it is above 101