Do I need any upgrades to my car sound system?

I currently have a sony xplod mp3 deck.10gage wiring to a 2000watt 4channel targa amp(not sure of the rms output)but it shouldn't be more than 80Rms per chanel which I have connected to 500watt sony xplod 6x9s the new ones on the market and 6"pioneer mids 40Rms.and I have 8gage wiring and wanting to buy a reference audio tivo 1200watt rms at 1ohm and two 450RMS cadence 12" 4ohm subs all this connected to a parametric equalisor.I have a new battery.in my car.a bmw e36 dolfin.just want to know if the battery will be able to handel this sound system.even if I can only use it while the car is switched on would be fine.if not tell me what upgrades do I иεεd?

Comments

• Battery will be fine, it doesn't make a difference, but the alternator probably won't be able to provide the power needed to run the audio and charge the battery depending on what other gadgets are in the car and how loud you have the stereo. A better understanding of physics and acoustics would serve you far better than £1000 worth of unneccesary weigh in your car and an huge bill for an uprated alternator just to say you've got a sub.

• If i was you i might shop up the cash to get each speakers and then a head unit. I changed mine with kenwood type s in my 2000 ford explorer along with a pioneer cd participant. The sound fine is excellent plus they work first-rate with the 12's i have in the again.