Do shampoos expire?

I just bought this set of shampoo and conditioner by paul mitchell from sears. i used it a few hours ago and noticed it dident suz up well or clean my hair. when i used my conitioner it feelt like thick heavy paste O_O it dident smooth threw very well and since it was sooo thick i dont think i washed it out well.

you think it went bad? and the store dident know? i used the paul mitchell moisture shampoo.

Update:

hey im only asking because ive never had shampoo feel that way before O_O so very thick and weird. was even hard to comb through while rinsing hair!

Comments

• yes mine died the other day, is that the exspired you meant

• I never use conditioners. I always use a little apple cider vinegar in a quart of warm water. It balances the ph and leaves my hair feeling really shiny and clean. My Mom told me about it when I was a kid and I've been doing it since. Also, a beautician friend also told me about using it. She said she uses it herself, but since she sells conditioner products, she doesn't tell people about it.

• i don't think it was expired, maybe it's just not a good shampoo? only some shampoos work with my hair, because it's so fried. some of them leave my hair feeling unclean and unable to comb through it, and some make it a breeze. i had old shampoo that i've had for like over a year and i still used it and it still smelt fine and worked good. so i don't think it was expired, just maybe didn't work with your hair

• moisture shampoos usually make your hair oily faster if your hair naturally gets oil in about 3 days after you shower then your hair doesn't need a moisturizer. Try pantine.

• may be . But as far (cleaning) some chemicals with hard water doesn't produce foam (suz up) but reacts with salts in hard water that has a high mineral content of calcium (Ca2+), magnesium (Mg2+) ions.

• shampoos do go out of date you should check the labels and i fink you shud try anouther make of shampoo and conditioner

• Yes they do.

They dont exactly "expire"

But they have a best before date.

You can still use them afterwards.

But they wil have different effects. (:

XxX

• after a very long time...

• yes ofcourse, they do expire.. just as any other stuff