Liberal Myths, Conservative propaganda?

The same people that attack Bush going into Iraq defend Clinton for the same... When the real issues are out there needing our attention, why do we spend more time on, "you dumb bleeding heart lib, you lying hillbilly conservative" than on the actual issues? Why do we make decisions on real issues (say, global warming) based on the fact that we don't like Al Gore, rather than plunging ourselves into research and scientific journals for the answers? Why do we think that anything this administration does is wrong, simply because its republican? Does ANYONE think this is a tragic waste of time, and part of the reason we are allowing our politicians to be so corrupt without having the fortitude or sense to demand accountability?

Comments

• It's easy to play the blame game.

As far as global warming, I have done my own research, and I keep coming up with the answer that there is no man made global warming.

• Does ANYONE think this is exactly the way the politicians want it? If "We the People" spend more time attacking each other over our political ideologies, we don't focus on the issues. We now have media and advertising companies brainwashing our children into thinking global warming is FACT ever since Al Gore won an Oscar for his irresponsible half-truth (and as we all know, a half-truth is still a lie), despite the mountain of verified scientific evidence that shows global warming is a sham. We also have a mainstream liberal media that is flat-out lying to the American public by saying Hillary Clinton is the choice of Americans, but what they don't tell you is the "polls" that supposedly prove it were taken in specifically targeted districts where they KNOW Hillary has a lot of support. Finally, we have the no-holds-barred onslaught of Bush-bashing being fueled by the mainstream liberal media, and it's to the point now where people hate Dubya basically because the media has told them to. And the folks on Capitol Hill are just laughing it up while continuing to line their pockets with our money and the money of political interest groups, and every once in a while they go out and thump their chests to make us think they're actually doing something. Does ANYONE think we need to go back and truly educate Americans on the Democratic process so they'll realize the real problem is Congress?

• The world is too complicated to understand everything that may effect us, so people just chose a party that they agree with on a few key things that matter most to them and then follow their lead on other things. Since they do not really care about most of the issues they do not investigate them, but just defend the position adopted by their party and attack their opponents positions. Every once in a while parties change their positions on something that voters really care about, or a major event like the depression will result in large number of people switching parties because of issues, but it is rare.

edit: Although I think there is man made global warming, the positions of parties will not influence my vote in the next election. Either the problem is so bad there is nothing we can do that will stop it, or we will have time to act when people reach the consensus required for effective measures to be taken. I doubt that it is important enough to most people to vote on it , no matter which side they take on the debate.

• Well, I'm not going to waste any time defending Republicans in a public forum... they have had too much support already.

But ultimately, I agree with you - people need to look at individuals and what they've accomplished and not just the partisan bickering.

I think the biggest problem is all the loud-mouth radio pundits and Fox-style commentary that gets ignorant people all mad about everything without arming them with the appropriate facts to back up their position.

• The shallow crap is a waste of time but it is easier to spout than to think. Emotions rule most people because thinking takes effort. Learning takes effort. Listening takes effort. Demogogues always get the press becuase they yell the loudest. Unfortunately 50% of the people are below average, and average wont put alt of effort in. So the loud and the ignorant rule.

• Global warming has little to nothing to do with Al Gore, if you did the research you too would know this. Global Warming is not a real issue. Iraq/Iran war, Border Security are.

• Most of it boils down to lack of motivation and time. Most people do not want to put forth the effort to go beyond being spoon fed and sometimes it is difficult to get information that hasn't been "pureed for the masses". Major media is not going supply you with what you need to know if you want to move beyond the same old junk. Most people don't have the time to invest to do the proper research or they have parties to go to and beer to drink.

political accountability by politicians = the blind leading the blind

• The media bias is the bigger situation. it style of feels to me that the thoughts in the leading fringe of the media maximum are likely to be no longer rather information (Imus, Anna Nicole) and are offered as 'liberal information thoughts' mutually as the authentic important thoughts approximately themes are suppressed. information that could impact attitudes (casualty counts, information opposite to administration perspectives) are below-reported mutually as the fluff thoughts are over-reported. The "Liberal Bias" is purposefully controlled by utilising the media puppet-masters as a smokescreen to hide their planned obfuscation of information and thoughts that are unfavourable to their agendas. it is all approximately concept. by utilising conserving us distracted they are able to forward their own hobbies and we the folk do no longer say a notice because of the fact mainstream information is inundated with Imus being a racist extremely than Chevron Oil's involvement in killing Nigerians protesting the exploitaion of their resouces. Or they perpetuate myths such because of the fact the single that we are in Iraq to get their oil while that's extra probably we are there to maintain their oil off the markets. We merely hear the "liberal" area. The Conservative Bias is in what isn't in the information. it rather is the bigger situation.

• Because people are brainwashed early, before they ever hear the phrase "critical thinking." Also because humans are arrogant, and thereby easy to manipulate. Tell liberals they're better than those convervative leeches/murderers, and they'll nod. Tell conservatives they're better than those heathenous chicken-**** liberals, and THEY'LL nod. It's all about playing into arrogance.

• If the media is going to tout their boy anyway, we should ask ourselves whether or not we want to believe them. We can change the channel for Pete's sake.

Make your own decisions and you'll feel better about the news readers.