A very disturbing problem?

I had this problem where I would do something without knowing all the facts about it, then It would come later on to bite me in the butt

example: I would rent out a truck for someone and without taking everything into consideration I would watch as one horrible thing let to another

it was like a domino affect

I was somehow cured of this, but now I see it in my mom and uncle and I was wondering what I could do to help them over come this

does anyone know how to cure it?

I guess it could be called incompetence

Comments

• It is not incompetence it is failure to exercise rational judgement and/or analyze a situation prior to making decisions.

It is not a disease, so there is no 'cure'...it is a pattern of behavior and you ameliorate its effects by taking the time to STOP....GAIN FULL KNOWLEDGE....LIST YOUR OPTIONS AND POSSIBLE RESULTS/RAMIFICATIONS/BENEFITS - then make a decision.

• Hahaha... Okay, it's kinda mean to laugh but I thought your last sentence was funny....

Okay, I don't really get the truck thing, but a way to help fix it is to make sure they think about it thoroughly before jumping into things. Well, first of all they have to know what they're doing and want to fix it. They could perhaps start making pros and cons lists (but not obsessively, cause that's a problem too). Also, before making a decision, it's a good idea to think of at least one reason you should do the other thing, which will make them hesitate maybe long enough to make a better choice.

• Well, honestly most people approach life like that. But once you recognize that you don't know all the answers it is usually easier to seek the answers. Also, with the Internet you can inform yourself about almost anything nowadays.

So, your best approach would be to just remind them that they don't know all the answers and that they should seek informed opinions before making decisions.

However, you should know that trying to change people is also a bad idea. People can rarely change their habits, and never change their nature. So you'll probably just end up nagging them, with them resenting your input.

It can be sad to see your loved ones make bad decisions, but I think a lot of people all the time are making bad decisions. I would just concentrate on improving your own life first.

• Bad things happen to good people,your desire to help other is admireable,maybe so much so that you have no time left for your own concerns. By finding an effective solution for yourself 1st-you"d be in a better position to help others.Believeing in youself might bring peace within. Learn from your mistakes,let them be your guide so you don"t do it again & again. By the way in some cases it"s OK to say NO,sorry can"t help ya out today.Time to put yourself first.

• Considering who makes it to the top (remember your boss, or your president, or your Congress, or anyone else in a leadership for that matter), why in the world would you want to get rid of your incompetence. Its probably the only reason you can still put food on the table. Incompetence is the only way to make it in this world, buddy. Be thankful God made you incompetent.

• Problem is you are easily lead by others, with out Thinking the problems it can all lead you to.Next time ask a trusted friend who can tell you the pros and cons you will be facing if you forge ahead with out thinking what you will face thoroughly. Good luck with the problem..

• Think before you act. Slow down and consider the ramifications of taking a certain action.

I don't think it's incompetence, I think it's more rashness.

To help someone else with this, I think you just have to remind them to think things through before taking acting.

"look before you leap"

• well the only way to get rid of it is like you got rid of yours by letting them see the consequences and when they are bad enough they will stop.

• doe's the word Dumb come to mind?

you to good for your own good ,and people going to take advantage of your goodness ,if they haven't already ,be wiser next time .