A <span >Christmas</span> doggy present?

I want to get my little greyhound something special, what she loves most is food. So, should I get her a steak or something? Don't dogs like raw meat better? And that is ok to give it to them raw?

Comments

• Greyhounds LOVE raw meat. It is what they were fed as pups and racers. I used to give mine mashmallows for treats when tey were good on the scales or trimming toenails, etc. They also like bananas. Raw meat isn't as good an idea now unless it is a daily diet. Try some beef liver scraps from the meat deli. I used to give my racers some ground liver and b12 before abig "stakes race" and boy did they eat it up!

• If you only have one dog then consider buying a Kong Dog Toy at Petco or PetSmart. You can Stuff it with lots of different things. I wouldn't recommend using raw meat in it though. When I had only 1 dog we got her one for Christmas and stuffed it full of peanut butter, she loved it and it kept her busy for about 30 minutes.

• Get a raw bone from the butcher... it'll keep her busy for quite a while!

ADDED: if you give her anything raw, make sure she hasn't eaten kibble for at least 12 hours as they digest differently and can cause an upset stomach if the kibble is not out of her system before she eats the raw

• please do not feed your dog steak. steak is very high in fat and can cause pancreatitis. if you want to give your dog raw, get either a raw bone or some ground beef and use that. do not give too much meat since your dog is not used to a raw diet.

• I make eggs for my dogs(I have 7) during the holiday or special occasion.

Only scramble the whites of the eggs since it is too rich for them to consume yolks, may cause losose stool.

Add some soy cheese and a small amount of american or parmesean cheese. Also, my dogs are fed-in addition to their regular dog food, 99%fat free all white meat chicken. Also, you could make a batch of brown rice -instead of water, use chicken broth-it's goooooood. My dad also makes oatmeal sometimes and mixes that in with their food. Hope that helps.

• um...i always did a "doggy bag"

i put bones, toys, and sometimes a pillow/new bed!!

i know it is kinda silly but...i love my dog so it worked!!

i have also heard of people taking their dog to a dog parlor thing, but i think that is a little extreme!

oh hey check out this great dog video site! it is to cute! i love all the holiday dog videos,they really put me in the mood for the holidays...

http://www.worldwidefido.com/

• Dogs can eat most raw meats it is called B.A.R.F (Bones and Raw Food) diet. Search B.A.R.F Dog Diet and see what works for you and your dog.

• go to the three dog bakery website and they have cute, dog-friendly cakes that you can get her. You can even get them personalized. We get my border collie one for his birthday every june!

• go to a butcher and ask for a huge bone

• Go to Petsmart or Petco and see what their selection is.