Can you turn a Oil Turbocharger into a oil - less turbo?

I have a turbocharger that has a in-lit and outlet for oil to run past the barring. Now I am planning on using the turbocharger on a different application then a car. I am planning to put it further down the exhaust system rather then right off the exhaust port.

Could I just fill the turbo's in-lit and outlet with oil along with the hose that I could put to connect the in-lit and outlet together?

Could I just fill it with a Thicker oil and cap both ends?

Comments

• NO the turbo is cooled by the oil so it won't lock-up if you want to move the turbo down the exhaust that is fine but run new lines to lube the turbo and make sure they can handle the heat and presser of the oil and DID you know that after driving a eng with a turbo you don't just shut it off let it idle for 5 min to cool off the turbo or you bake the oil in the turbo and shorten the life of the turbo

• Turbochargers operate at extremely high temperatures. The oil jackets in the turbo are there for cooling purposes even more than to lubricate the bearings. Some turbo's are water cooled as well. If you plug it off and put oil in the oil will fry in quick order and turn to ash. You need a different turbo or need to figure out how to circulate oil through it.

• If it were under a somewhat small load it should be fine to fill the bearing valley and cap the ends however if it were to be spooled to a high rate and high temp's then it would most likely score the bearings and/or blow the caps off. Even if this would work you would have to replace the lube in the chamber quite often as it would be quickly broken down from friction heat as well as the heat from the exhaust itself.