Toddler doesn't respect Nanny?

We have a three year old son and I have recently given birth to a baby girl. Our nanny arrived three months prior to her arrival as we thought that would be sufficient time for our son to feel comfortable with her before his sibling came. Our problem is that he doesn't respect the Nanny at all. His behaviour with her is nothing like it is with anyone else. She doesn't really grasp how to discipline or carry forward and get him to do a simple task like brush his teeth. She practically begs him and is not athoritative. We have spoken to her about this on several occasions. Our son never hits, kicks or scratches anyone but for some reason is constantly battling her physically. We are punishing him for it as its totally unacceptable behaviour but at the same time he is going through this adjustment to the new baby in the house and mom and dads attention divided. Short of sending the nanny packing I don't know what else to do??

HELP

Comments

• This nanny is not going to work for your family, clearly. Hire another nanny.

• Three years old is quite young, don't you think? Your son is having to adjust to someone new in the home who is taking care of him, and he is also adjusting to the new baby. That's a load for someone so young. I don't think punishing him is going to solve the problem. Do you think a firmer nanny will solve the problem? I would like to think so. Good luck.

• well i kind of agree with the first answer but then again i understand parents having nannies as long as you make sure to spend enough time with them maybe if the nanny takes your toddler camping or on a one on one activity away from the home that isnt really a chore but takes some work! like camping!

• children have a keen sense in knowing good from bad. Maybe he sees something bad in this nanny that you and your husband don't see. Is he ever alone with her? maybe she treats him differently when you are not around. Interview more nannies and let him pick who he likes best.

• Why do you have a nanny raising your kids. Why bring them into this world for someone else to raise? What a shame, and worthless parents. And you only have 2. I hope you stop there.

Mom of 4 boys and 5 on the way and YES WE raise them

• i agree with first answer as well.....i mean you just brought TWO new beings into your sons life....did you really think he would be ok with it?!?!?!?! gooooood luck