2000 acura Integra? 2 door?

I have a 2000 acura integra and the 02 sensor was bad so my light was on and I fixed the sensor and its still on I hope the test on it and its comeing up as the sensor I fix its a new sensor so what could it be

Comments

• First, how did you know which sensor to replace?

If you use an OBD code reader/scanner, it will tell you which one. Pre catalytic, or post catalytic etc.

After replacing the sensor, disconnect the battery and leave it for a few minutes. This will reset the self diagnostics of the car, it will clear up the check engine light.

If same problem or other problem exists, light will come back.

Use a code reader/scanner again to know the issues.

• make sure there isn't more then one O2 sensor. some have one on the front of a catalytic and another after it. but most of the time you have to drive it for a bit to allow the computer to adapt to the new one before the light will turn off.

• there is an o2 both before and after the converter. You will need an obd2 scanner to erase the code.

• Go by like auto zone or some place like that, they can clear it for you at no charge. Then see if it comes back, if it does go back and have it coded by auto zone, it may be something else showing up.