So who's gonna rescue us from ourselves?

Update:

Will it be the alien overlords who will come Dec 2012?

Comments

• None of us, that's forsure. We're *******!

• actually this is a great question. God does see the big picture, and prayer is not getting everything we ask for. There is a quote that I love- "prayer does not get God ready to do our will, it gets us ready to do His". When I pray for something specific, like healing from a chronic pain disease, I have not received that answer yet- however I received far more from God, because I prayed. Let me explain that- after I realized that God was not choosing to heal me "at this moment"- I began to pray differently- I began to pray for what He desires to teach me in the pain- and He has given me grace and strength to endure the pain, even though some days are just horrible. Prayer is not like a list of stuff we bring to Santa- it is submitting ourselves to our God. Prayer aligns us with His will. EDIT- I want to apologize for people like Nickel. With people like him, I understand why people don't care to believe. Sorry- hope some of the other answers have been helpful.

• The flying spaghetti monster or the ceiling cat.

Btw did you get the message I sent you? (I know it doesn't mean as much as if I had said it earlier on like during the summer though. Sorry for not being as responsive as I should've though.)

• We will have to rescue us from ourselves... It's the only way to be rescued.

• Time is our only hope. And a mother's prayer.

• no one. only we can rescue ourselves.

• No one. All empires fail, all civilizations falter.

• If you look in the mirror, well, this is how it begins.

• No one. We're stuck.

• I will