Do you use ceramic or stainless steel bowls?

Which do you think are better?

Comments

• Stainless Steel - They don't break and if you wash them regularly, don't harbor bacteria like Plastic or Ceramic bowls do.

• I use a stainless steel bowl for water and ceramic bowls for food. Both get washed everyday, and run through the dishwasher once a week at least. I think it's a personal choice about what type of bowl to use.

• Stainless steel. I used ceramic bowls to start with but they kept getting broken so I think S/steel is best.

• I use both. I have no worries with the stainless. I use ceramic and corningware bowls as well. These were bought with the "people" dishes. I will not use any glazed ceramic pet bowls regardless how cute they are. I'm afraid the they could include lead in the glazes. I have a dishwasher with a sanitize function and my pet bowls are washed with the regular dishes. I do avoid plastic bowls. These can be chewed and can cause chin acne in some animals.

• I actually use both.

I have the stainless steel bowls that sit in a raised platform in the kitchen and the ceramic bowls in a raised platform out on the deck.

• I use ceramic bowls. I've had them for 3 years, they have not broken and are perfectly fine. It's all about preference. They make such cute ceramic dog bowls that's why I like ceramic, stainless steel is well, plain and uninteresting.

It's all about personal preference. I choose ceramic :-)

• Definitely stainless. Easier to clean and sanitize, don't turn into bacteria breeding farms no matter how much you wash them like ceramics and plastics do, plus I think they look nicer.

Bindi actually refuses to drink out of anything but stainless. LOL

• We use stainless steel, ceramic can harbor bacteria or contain lead paint

• I have a 2 bowl set where they have the part that the 2 steel bowls fit into so that way it cant move.