Mazda 3 2010's turbo?

is it bad?

my friend said problems r gonna show up after a few years driving cars with turbo

is it true, so i should not buy maz3 2010 cus it's turbo?

Update:

nvm, on their speciation it says it recommands regular unleaded fuel

Comments

• With all due respect to the previous answer, the reliability of a semi truck powered by most likely a turbo diesel engine is no comparison to a Mazda anything. The only similarity would be the word turbo. The seals on the Mazda turbo unit have been shown to cook around 20,000 miles I hear that Mazda had put out a technical service bulletin to correct the problem. Talk to a better source than myself and get the facts. Somewhere I read that Mazda's turbo unit is a Hitachi brand. It is a very good unit, but the driving public has not driven the MS3 long enough to know the service life of the turbo.

In years past, the turbo unit would die before the engine, but now we have synthetic oil and inter-cooling. I would not be worried about the turbo unit, unless I was told by a mechanic or read a technical service bulletin from Mazda off the internet that speaks to the problem, if their is one.

Best.

• Your friends must have had experience in tearing them up b/c I drive a semi truck w/ almost 300K miles & it has a turbo. The turbo in the MS3 is designed to last the life of the car. Beat the crap out of the car & you'll find more damage to the engine than just the turbo. But know any car that is turbo charged does require premium fuel. These performance engine do need more attention in preventive maintenance. If you do that well, the car will be fine.

• the turbo is a Hitachi-Warner k04.

yes it requires premium due to the DISI design, this is to prevent detonation and allows for more horsepower.

The DISI engines have produced a handful of issues for us that own them, including some people that have blown holes in the block. This typically only happens when the boost is increased.