Federal Premium Hydra-Shok .380 ACP?

I've just got a Kel-Tec P-3AT and since it's a small caliber handgun I'd like good ammunition that I can count on. I've done some research and ran into the Federal Premium Hydra-Shok .380 ACPs with 90 grain rounds and 1,000 fps which is about equal to some 9mm Luger rounds. What do you think of these rounds?

Comments

• The videos below are tests of that round being shot into water. This shows how well built the bullet is. Based on the results I think they are acceptable. You should also look into Hornady's Critical Defense line. What ever brand you decide on, you MUST make sure it is reliable in your gun. Buy several boxes to use at the range. I know it's an investment, but your life is worth it.

• .380acp is a poor choice forself defense, that aside Corbons and Hydra-Shok are probally the 2 best rounds for this caliber

keltec is junk (I used to own 1) if you insist on a .380 go with a Makarov either in 380 or 9x18, the barrels are interchangable (which is why I recommend it)

better yet just get a snub .357 or a Colt Commander

I see some thumbs down well lets hear the argument of how a .380 KelTec is a better pistol than a Colt Commander .45ACP I need a good laugh

• hydra-shocks are one of the very best defensive loads you can get for your Kel tec,if it will feed them alright. so consider yourself well armed.

but the same 90 gr. bullet can reach about 1400fps in a 4" barrel 9x19mm so its not quite the same thing.

• yeah use hydra shocks

not quite a 9mm

but a 380 with good ammo is plenty gun for going light

and no its not a junk gun its actually a good reliable shooter

• It's a great bullet. Buy some and make sure they function in your gun.

Also look at the Corbon DPX and Hornady Critical Defense.

• Light primary weapon choice. Your choice of ammo is excellent. I use hydra shocks and reccomend them.

• good ammo, but it is not equal to the 9mm. Maybe close to the slower 9mm loads but not quite.

• CCI, is very good Ammo, if they make that caliber.