Does Bobby Zamora deserve a call up ?

No say i. England have in the past selected far too many of these hit and miss chancers in the past. Zamora only seems to turn it on (score more than 5 goals in a season) when contract talks are due or the crowd are giving him the bird. He is barely Championship class.

Comments

• No. Even Fulham fans will tell you he shouldn't. His work rate is his only quality.

People that he think he should only see his goal tally and have clearly not watched him enough. Good for a low-mid table PL side. Nowhere near international class.

• Well, as Capello has stated on more than one occasion, he will pick players based on form, not just because the media say so. So in that respect, if Zamora is playing well, he would stand a chance of a call up if the opportunity arrived. Otherwise like the rest of the hopefuls, he will stay only that - hoping for that phone call.

• No. Zamora does not match up to the level of class England needs to win the world cup.

• Well probably for the bench and to come on as a sub for Egypt. Capello will be trying out at least 5 different strikers and Zamora should be one of them.

• I firmly believe that the in form players should be selected and Zamora is banging in goals at the highest club level so why not pick him,i would certainly pick him over the likes of Owen,Heskey etc.

Come and see this new blog for excellent football/sports tips including a good tip for tonights europa card,its FREE.

http://firstforecast.blogspot.com/

• Bobby Zamora, particularly frankly, would not need to play for my community pub, The canine & Duck. He in undemanding terms starts enjoying while settlement talks are on the horizon or he has a factor to coach for 3 months or so. he's in undemanding terms a secular participant content fabric to 'scouse borrow' his extortionate wages, yet he fails to earn them.

• Zamora can be a back up not a frontline striker

• i reckon he will be in the euro cup sqaud in 2012.

• I think he doesnt deserve a call up.