Fact or Myth : Bras?

Is it unhealthy to wear a bra to bed? I remember someone telling me that awhile ago - but is it true?

Comments

• The reason that doctors and health professionals say that wearing a bra to bed is not good, is because it constricts your rib cage from expanding, when you are up and about during the day, you don't even notice that your bra is on, but when you lay down all your internal organs relax, your breathing gets deeper therefore your lungs expand more.. If you are wearing a bra it will constrict your lungs/ribcage from expanding to the capacity needed to allow you to relax and sleep comfortably..

Hopefully that makes sense..

• Back when I was in high school my good friend's mother told us that we should always sleep with a bra on. She required that my friend follow that rule. All of us were quite "blessed" on top and now at age 34, the friend that slept with a bra on still has quite a bit of "perkiness" to her chest. The rest of us are not quite so lucky! It might just be genetics, but I kinda wish I had listened, who knows for sure if its true. I believe if the bra fits well and isn't too tight it would be just fine to sleep in it.

• i once heard a doctor response to that qns : " its not unhealthy to wear a bra to bed if the bra fits u ( not too tight ) , as the wire (of the bra) is made to cup the boobs and when it fits , it shudnt cuts in , or restricts u to breathe at ease or made u uncomfortable . " The reason why some people wish to wear a bra to sleep is because , when lying down , without a bra , gals with bigger boobs , in the long term , may cause their boobs to *change* due to normal gravity .....

so sleeping with or without a bra is totally up to personal preference .....

• No

Just the opposite.

I took My girlfriends daughter shopping for her 11th birthday. When we were picking out undies. She picked out her own, I was just there to embarrass her.

The lady told the three of us that she should get use to sleeping in a bra.

Oh and lay off the thongs.

As it turns out, you won't wake up with chest pain (boobs hurting). As you get older you'll be happy you wore a bra now.

• Its not unhealthy. Women wear them to bed cause they think it will help there boobs grow. It wont! You can wear a bra to bed, but it somtimes can be a little uncomfortable. It feels good to let em air off.

• Totally unhealthy hon!..7 out of 10 doctors agree women should go braless...i hope~

• For me it would be unhealthy because I find them so uncomfortable. First thing I do when I get home is unharness the "girls".

• NO!! its not healthy for a woman to wear a bra at all!! so go to bed and make someone happy!!

• Fact, dear. You have to give your body time to relax and breathe.

• it cuts off circulation..