I'm so embarressed...?

I might have to use these to support myself due to some health problems. They're so embarressing. I just want to be treated like a normal kid.

http://www.mountnittany.org/assets/images/krames/1...

Update:

I'm not an amputee, I have dehiilitating health problems where its hard for me to walk and they put me in a lot of pain. I've seen 10 docs and they don't know what it is but its getting worse. So I kinda need assistance...

Thanks guys.

Update 3:

@Julie

I was just wondering what I should do. I need something liek it, but they're just embarressing. People already dont approach because theyre freaked out They don't knwo whats going on with me, except somethings wrong. I don't complain or say anything, its just getting kind of obvious now, that...well somethings up.

Comments

• Crutches? They're fine! Seriously, i know a ton of people who use those type of crutches due to foot/ankle problems so if you don't want to tell them the real reason your using them just say you have a bad ankle or something. People probably won't even take two looks other than to ask you if they can have a go on them. Good luck, it'll be okay :)

xx

• So you're an amputee? Honey, you are normal! There are a lot of people out there who have lost a leg and an arm, and there is also a prosthetic leg that you could consider having so you can walk without crutches. lf you're using crutches, then what is the reason? More information would be preferred so we can help you a little bit more.

• I know how you feel but honestly people don't make too much of a fuss. I was in a wheelchair at times during my cancer battle because I got too tired walking reasonable distances, with that and also a feeding tube and no hair I was incredibly nervous to go to school. Some people were a bit wary at first, as if they were scared to offend me. But just act like your normal self, people will realise soon enough you've not changed just because you need some walking support. You'll just be treated the same way you always have =)

• Oh it's alright and of course you are a normal kid.

My boyfriend has to use crutches due to a disease in his leg and no one tends to notice them and if they do they usually think he's just injured his eg but some people know about his fake hip because they see him more.

• That's hardly the end of the world.

Like seriously, what's your question?

People will just think you hurt your ankle or something.

Some people will also wanna 'play' on them too no doubt.

EDIT;

Well if you show up with crutches, people probably will ask whats happened... just tell them then if it isn't too personal for you. But it's for your health - it shouldn't matter what the other kids say/think.

• people can be cruel, and yes they can make fun of you, and yes you can feel embarrassed about having to use them. but you have a dehabilitating disease, one that makes walking difficult if not impossible for you. the ones you are close to know what your health is like, and they would never embarass you. those that are not close to you may make fun of you, but to be honest, their opinion does not count. take care of you, hopefully you will find the right doctor soon who can help you overcome this illness. until then, ignore those who ridicule. who knows, if karma proves to be correct someday they will find themselves in a similiar situation.

• Your embarrassed of crutches? People in school like crutches. I wonder how many people you'll get asking to have a go on them lol.

• What exactly are you asking?