Convert audio tapes into CDs?

I have a few old audio tapes and wanted to record it on CD or directly into my pc. As I was searching in the web it seems it is really easy... just need a few cables... this and that... etc... which all sounds chinese to me... I wonder whether there is any store which does this conversion. I would like just to go there, drop the tapes and take back the CD/CDs and forget about all the hassle with the cables and the program to download.... Anybody knows which type of stores would offer such a service here in the Bay Area/San Francisco?

Comments

• Sure, there are lots of companies that will do that. If you had 50 or more to do, I'd say get the software and interface and learn to do it yourself, but since you only have a few there's no sense bothering with it. It is a bit pricey though - around $25 per cassette so you might want to check Amazon.com, CDUniverse.com to see if they're available on CD or check iTunes or Amazon MP3 download libraries to see if they might have it.

Here's one in the Bay area:

http://www.digitalpickle.com/audio-transfer.shtml?...

• basic technique with out downloads. open up sound recorder in domicile windows create a filename for saving plug your tape deck into line in of sound card enable line in , interior the recording residences press play and regulate quantity administration so its no longer distorted (pass away and equilisers off ) press checklist on pc and press play on tape whilst complete recording each and every indivdual song then reproduction them into domicile windows media and create a cd audio or mp3 cd desire this helps