Basic E Class or Loaded C Class?

Which car would probably be better overall for a family of 4?

A Basic E Class at around $50k or a C Class with a ton of options for around $48k?

Update:

EDIT:The Loaded C class would be around $43k actually, not 48

Comments

• If its a family of Four and you dont plan on extending the family tree any further I would say both sedans would suffice. The C-class starts to feel cramped once 3 passengers are seated in the back seat but it will more then comfortably accommodate two passenger without having to feel smooshed. The E-class will obviously offer more space considering the fact it is a Mid sized sedan opposed to the C-class where it is a compact sedan. Nevertheless a loaded C-class is a very attractive car, the Panoramic roof, rear sunshade, navigation system, bluetooth and Bi xenon headlights all add to the luxury of a Mercedes. The E-class is already generously equipped but when comparing a loaded C-class to a Basic E-class the only thing your gaining in a E-class is pretty much more front and rear space as well as a slightly faster engine at 268 HP while the C-class produces 228 HP. Both cars have about the same standards excluding the engines and some very minor interior features, for example in an E-class you recieve and Information LCD screen standard as opposed to the C-class you get a small small radio display screen. Over all the E-class is a great car but keep in mind the more features and packages a car has the stronger the resale and residual value will be as opposed to a basic E-class where the price depreciates alot faster although both have great resale value nevertheless. I would take the C-class only because in my perspective it makes more sense in terms of it being a wiser investment choice, however when deciding amongst Comfort, luxury and Design I would have to go with the Mercedes E-class. The Mercedes E-class a very nice car but have you considered some more affordable alternatives which can allow you to opt for more features at a more attractive base price for a Luxury Mid-sized sedan in this segment. Many popular luxury midsized sedans for 2011 are the 2011 BMW 5 series and the 2011 Infiniti M37 sedan. The BMW 528i starts at $44,550 and the Infiniti M37 starts at $47,375. when comparing both of these sedans I have suggested you will get alot more bang for your buck in the Infiniti M37, it was named best Interior in its class by "Edmunds" as well as for having the best engine choices at an entry class MSRP price, the M37 produces 330 HP and the M56 has 420 HP however the Mercedes E550 will probably be cheaper in tems of MSRP pricing compared to the Infiniti M56 basic MSRP price.

• E class all the way. They already come standard with plenty of options. Unless you want an AMG c class, that's another story though.

• I would get the loaded C class. Its more for your money. I have the BMW 6 series loaded and I was going to get the Mercades-Benz S.

• The back seat of a C-Class isn't much and won't cut it if the children are much more than toddlers.