temporarily blocked email?

can't send out email temporarily blocked

Comments

• There seems to be a lot of this coming from Yahoo right now. It happened to me. Without actually saying so, they seem to accuse you of spamming.

First, change your password and use both numbers and letters in the new one. When they get around to responding to your query to "customer care", if they do, they will tell you to do this, so do it now.

They've never answered my question as to what is going on, so the following is speculation:

A lot of Yahoo email accounts have apparently been hacked - probably by a computer program that guesses passwords - and have sent spam using those accounts.

They say your account will be blocked for 24 hours, but it took them 3 days to stop blocking mine and I still had to enter that nonsense on the popup screen before the first message would send.

They have never answered my query as to what was going on, so this is my best guess. None of the choices on their "customer care" form address this, so it's very frustrating to try to communicate with them.

You'll have to use another email account until they get around to unblocking you.

• Yes, and I don't know how to open it. We are expecting an urgent email from our realtor on the sale of our house. I need this opened immediately!