GIMP program is not responding?

I was working on a digital piece of art, when I clicked on the 'resize' tool, and my program froze. Just my luck, I hadn't saved my project yet and it was nearly finished. When I minimized it to look for a solution on the internet, I found that it will not maximize again. I tried every possible way I can think of to pull it back up and it simply will not.

The tool window and the layers window are both open, and my computer is registering that the screen with the actual project on it is open, but it won't open it.

I right-clicked on the GIMP icon on my starter bar, and now the right-click menu will not go away, so I have this menu hanging out in the middle of my screen.

Is there anyway to bring my program back to a responding stage without loosing my piece?

Comments

• If GIMP has crashed, and you didn't save your work, then it's gone. You can't recover work you didn't save, because the data was never saved in the first place.

If the program isn't responding to your clicks, then it has crashed. You will need to quit the application - so use CTRL+ALT+DELETE, start the task manager, click Applications, select GIMP then End Task - you might need to do this repeatedly until it quits.

How to avoid this situation you find yourself in:

Make sure you have the most up to date version of GIMP - currently at version 2.8.2 - it's the most stable version of GIMP. I've been using this version since it was released. It hasn't crashed yet. Make sure you only get it from the official website at http://www.gimp.org/

When you start a new piece of work, save your image in GIMPs native XCF format before you have done any real work. As you progress, at regular intervals hit CTRL+S to save.

If you do that, you'll never be caught out again.

• some of it is stuck in ram memory, when u close a program it something don't release all the ram it was taking, just a disk clean-up to clear it out. for it not open right it could be IE is cropped, need reset it be typing explorer.exe in run hit ok, u may see a flicker that would be IE resetting, there is a app., that cause programs to release that ram from AnalogX.com::))