Car dilemma..........?

I have had my car (my first car) for just over a year now but seem to have lots of problems with it. So far it has had 3 broken CV boot clips (which the garage can't work out why they keep breaking), an oil leak, a cracked fuel filter, a glow plug gone and some fuses gone. Is it time to move on if it keeps getting problems? I love it to bits but it has cost me a lot and its only 5 years old!

Update:

Its a 55 reg corsa. I depend on it everyday for work and can't get there without my parents giving me lifts which is difficult as I can't have a courtesy car for 2 years. I don't know whether to swap now or wait until it goes wrong again

Comments

• Doesn't sound like a whole lot of problems in a 5 year old car to be honest. I'd say the CV joint that keeps breaking the clips might want fixing (Under £100) but what else are you really complaining about? Fuses blow, fuel filters should be replaced every couple of years anyway, plugs don't last forever...

Come back when the gearbox blows up or the cambelt snaps and totals your engine, then you'll have something to moan about.

• Vauxhall Corsa models from 2000-2006 are known to have CV Boot clip problems but they should be relatively inexpensive to replace £30 inc labour. The dealer should be sympathetic to cost considering they fitted the previous clips which have broken.

Assuming you have your car serviced annually or after every 12,000 miles which ever comes first you shouldn't have any major problems. It sounds like the car you bought just needed a full service. Plugs and Filters are normal wear and tear serviceable items which do need to be changed occasionally. Corsa's are known to be reliable little cars and there are few faults reported for the high volumes sold. Hope this helps

• Waiting till it goes wrong again is a bad idea as you would have to fix it to be able to sell it and you won't get the benefit of the repair as you will not be able to increase the selling price by whatever it costs you.

You just never know, it could be fine for a long time now or carry on its self destruction. Just go with your gut feeling, nothing else for it.

• it really just depends on how to drive it. just try taking it easy in it, and see if anything else happens. and depending on the make and model, that may mean serious problem. so for now, just take it easy. if u have terrible problems with it anymore, go ahead and get a new one.

• what kind of car is it kos yyou need a new one kos yours is not built very well