Do temp environment variables work?

At my school there isnt a path for java compiler.

And since I'm on a user account I cant edit system variables but I can edit temp variables.

Will javac work under this?

Update:

Is there some kind of restriction that wont let me do it?

I set my path to "%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin"

But then it says the value is program files(x86)/NVIDIA/

Comments

• i've got in no way heard of a temp environment variable being incorrect yet i assume there's a conventional for each little thing. First seem to make certain what your temp environment variables are. genuine click My computer and choose properties. interior the properties window, click the 'stepped forward device Settings' link. The 'device properties' window will open; click the stepped forward tab. on the backside, click our environment Variables button. interior the top of our environment Variables window you're able to desire to make certain 3 variables, course, Temp, and Tmp. If Temp and/or Tmp are actually not there, click the hot button and create the single(s) that are lacking, utilising this as a results of fact the course: %USERPROFILEp.c.AppDataLocalTemp If the variables are there and their paths do no longer adventure "%USERPROFILEp.c.AppDataLocalTemp", substitute their paths with the Edit button. If the trails do adventure the course, reproduction the above course and paste it into your Run window and click okay to make certain if the folders exist. in the event that they do no longer, create the folders. If the folders are there, examine the permissions on the folder to make certain the permissions are not corrupt or are limiting, combating you from getting get right of entry to.

• The other thing besides System Variables are USER variables, not TEMP variables. One of the user variables happens to be called "temp", but that's it.

Just add a User variable called "path" and it should work fine.