Can you turn this paragraph into past tense?

Mithoo fell into a foxhole. He broke his leg, and he can’t walk. I either had to leave him, or to stay with him. When I decided to stay with Mithoo, I knew Dadi would come. He would come then beat me, but now it didn’t matter. All I want is Mithoo to be safe. I pray he survives, and I pray that his leg will mend. If his leg doesn’t mend, then he can’t dance anymore. Oh Mithoo, what have I done to you? My heart shattered by the thought of Mithoo not dancing anymore. I cannot forgive myself. Dadi comes, and beats me. This affected many people. Dadi was greatly disappointed in me. I’m pretty sure he is disappointed because I tried to run away. I feel that I should have run away, because what kind of child would want to marry a 55 year-old man? I also think he was worried. I ran away, like that girl. Dadi was worried that I would be killed, because I ran away. Since Dadi caught me, Sharma didn’t have to take care of me along with Fatima. This meant that Sharma didn't have to waste more money on an extra child. Mainly, this affected everyone in my family. Mama, Phulan, and Rahim-Sahib. Now, I have to marry Rahim-Sahib, because I couldn’t run away. Mama and Phulan are now happy, because they will still see me. The good things because I ran away are that everyone can see me again. Mithoo will be fine. I also can see Mithoo at home. The bad things are that I can’t leave home, and I will have will have to marry Rahim-Sahib. I will no longer see Sharma, and Dadi beats me. There are more bad things then good things, but at least I tried. I am so glad that Mithoo is fine though!

Comments

• Mithoo fell into a foxhole and broke his leg. He couldn't walk, so I either had to leave him or stay with him. I decided to stay with him, I knew Dadi would come soon. He came and beat. but it didn't matter. I wanted Mithoo to be safe. I prayed he survived and I prayed that his leg would mend. If his leg didn't mend, then he couldn't dance anymore. Oh Mithoo, what have I done to you? My heart shattered at the thought of Mithoo not being able to dance. I couldn't forgive myself. Dadi came and beat me, affecting many people. Dadi was greatly disappionted in me. I was sure he was disappointed because I tried to run away. I felt that I should have ran because what kind of child would want to marry a 55 year old man? I also though he was worried. I ran away like that girl. Dadi was worried that I would be killed because I ran away. Since Dadi caught me, Sharma and Fatima didn't ave to take care of me. This meant that Sharma didn't have to waste anymore money on and extra child. This affected alot of my family. Mama, Phulan, and Rahim-Sahib, mainly. I had to marry Rahim_Sahib, so that I couldn't run away. Mama and Phulan were happy because they were still able to see me. The good things that came out of me running away was that everyone could see me again. Mithoo will be fine. I also could see him at home. The thing about running away is that i can't leave and I have to marry Rahim-Sahib. I won't see Sharma, and Dadi still beat me. There are more pros and cons, but I had tried. I was so glad that Mithoo was fine!

this was weird.......

• Mithoo fell into a foxhole. He broke his leg, and couldn’t walk. I had to decide whether to leave him, or to stay with him. When I decided to stay with Mithoo, I knew Dadi would come. He would come then beat me, but it didn’t matter. All I wanted was for Mithoo to be safe. I prayed that he survived, and that his leg would mend. If his leg didn’t mend, then he wouldn’t have been able to dance anymore. Oh Mithoo, what had I done to you? My heart was shattered by the thought of Mithoo not being able to dance anymore. I could not forgive myself. Dadi came and beat me. This affected many people. Dadi was greatly disappointed in me. I’m pretty sure he was disappointed because I tried to run away. I feel that I should have run away, because what kind of child would want to marry a 55 year-old man? I also thought that he was worried. I ran away, like that girl. Dadi was worried that I would be killed, because I ran away. Since Dadi caught me, Sharma didn’t have to take care of me along with Fatima. This meant that Sharma didn't have to waste more money on an extra child. Mainly, this affected everyone in my family. Mama, Phulan, and Rahim-Sahib. I had to marry Rahim-Sahib because I couldn’t run away. Mama and Phulan are now happy, because they will still see me. The good thing was that because I ran away, everyone can see me again. Mithoo will be fine. I could see Mithoo at home. The bad thing was that I couldn’t leave home, and I had to marry Rahim-Sahib. I no longer saw Sharma, and Dadi beat me. There were more bad things than good, but at least I tried. I was so glad that Mithoo turned out fine though!

• Yep, part of it is already in past tense.

• It already is past tense.