Acura integra 1995 gsr rebuild?

hi i am ready to do a rebuild on my 95 integra gsr, ive look on ebay for a rebuild kit, i know all of you dont recommend ebay, but well give it a try.

my motor is not blown or anything still runnning like a champ, 250k miles very high.

i change oil every week, to keep it healthy until i do a rebuild.

i dont no my bearings and piston ring size, i dont want to order the wrong thing.

a mechanic told me just get standard size if its not blown motor , but another mechanic told me get it measured. i dont want to pay extra for em to checc it out.

the reason for this rebuild is to feel the usual gsr power.

please help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-Integra-GSR-1-8L-B18...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160815374689?ssPageName=ST...

these r the rebuild kit what do you suggest

should i just get standard size.

Update:

so should just buy a regular kit without bearings n pistons, so when i do rebuild it he could check it out then. you are right, i dont want waste more money, gettin the wrong kit.

but whats the chances of the walls having marks, high percentage. or do i have a better chance going forward and get the standard size, need your answerrr

btw thanks for the link

Comments

• sorry but the links you provide me are not a full rebuild kit

this is the rebuild kit you want

http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-95-HONDA-ACURA-INTEGRA-...

comes with what you need to rebuild on the engine block only

the head does not have a rebuild kit and requires individual parts if needed

now usually i dont order until i disassembled and inspect the whole engine then order

because lets say i found lots of marks on the piston walls so i need to bore and hone it bigger

so the kit i already order has standard size and now i have to reorder new pistons and rings which cost more money but sometimes honing might just do it so you can keep standard size

remember if you dont want any problems make sure you check for flatness or resurface the head and the block

get it hot tanked

HEAD: inspect the valves make sure its not bent and get it cleaned up and do a valve job on the head and grind the valves to get it to seat properly

always replace the valve stems no matter what

check your lost motion assembly if it sticks its bad

thats about it just make sure you follow your manual and you should be good to go

EDIT!!!!

what you should do is wait til you fully disassemble your engine and inspect everything then start deciding what to do and what to order

the chances of having wall marks cannot be determine until it is inspected

• 1995 Acura Integra Gsr

• This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Acura integra 1995 gsr rebuild?

hi i am ready to do a rebuild on my 95 integra gsr, ive look on ebay for a rebuild kit, i know all of you dont recommend ebay, but well give it a try.

my motor is not blown or anything still runnning like a champ, 250k miles very high.

i change oil every week, to keep it healthy until i do a...

• Battery is dead, which has likely caused your alternator to die as well.. Get someone to give you a jumpstart if that works, then get a new battery and get your alternator tested, you will likely have to get a new alternator too, but you want to check it first. Good luck.

• you will have better luck and smarter answers if you check on a acura/ honda forum. lots of those guys can be d*cks but they know what they are talking about.

• the cylinders and bearings will all wear different. run it until a problem develops and do it right.