Graphics card does not work?

I have a Hp h8-1120sc pc and I'm guessing it has integrated graphics. I have installed the graphics card and plugged the DVI connection to it and it's displaying correctly on the monitor, however, the pc does not recognize the card itself, only the integrated one? I've read that I might have to disable the integrated graphics in the bios, but I can't seem to find it. What do I do?

Update:

I have installed the drivers but the pc does not recognize the hardware itself

Comments

• Same thing happened to my card, I installed windows again and then installed latest drivers and the it worked fine.

Conclusion :

• Install Windows, be sure to back-up from Drive C:

• Download latest drivers for the Card from the appropriate site.

• Restart the PC.

You can enable or disable the graphic card in BIOS by going to the PCI devices there you'll see AGP or something like that.

Cheers

• Is your computer an APU based system or CPU and integrated GPU (on mobo)? If it's an APU, you need to make sure your GPU can crossfire with it (6670 seems to be popular with it) or you can go into the bios and look for PCI-e related settings and turn of your APU graphics so you can use the PCI-e one. Since you booted with the card in, try opening ccc (if you have an APU with ccc installed for it) and look for a hybrid/crossfire setting in the tabs. If you find it, switch it on and you will now use both graphics cards.

If you have a CPU and integrated GPU, go into the bios (your setup may differ.) Look in all sections until you find PEG. For me, I had the option to disable the onboard (if no PCI-e GPU present.) Or always enable. Switch it to disabled, save and exit. You should now boot with your PCI-e GPU.

If none of these work, you either have a defective GPU, or have an APU system that is not compatible with your GPU. (some of the A-4 series can xfire with a 6670.)