Contractor/Architect Fraud?

I know a gentleman that claims to be a residential architect and contrator. He advertises himself as a contractor and home builder in the yellow pages as well as the americantradesman.com website. He has a business license for a design and contruction company, but has no professional licenses. In fact, he even failed the exam for a contractor's license. He also went to architecture school but never graduated. This is all in the state of Georgia.

Is this misrepresentation? I'm considering notifying the professional licensing board. Is that something they can or would take action on?

p.s. To be clear I am not a client of this man. I've only met him on several occasions and found his claims to be suspicious and thought it might be worth mentioning so nobody can be taken advantage of.

Update:

To my knowledge the only thing they can do is present him with a cease and desist order and possibly fine him. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Holding yourself out as a licensed professional in a field that requires a license is very illegal, and also unethical. I'd contact the state board, you'd be surprised what they can and will do.

• Joe Torre is the single which left the Yankees because of fact we does not supply him adequate money. sure, I nonetheless think of he did a great activity as our supervisor for 12 years - he have been given us a ton of Championships and that i savour that. yet while he's going to go away the Yankees in the back of and start up over with a clean team, why is he trash-speaking approximately them and their gamers? Girardi's in charge now, not Torre, and he isn't having a project with A-rod. Neither, from what i will tell, are his teammates, so i think of Torre can in simple terms save his insults to himself. to boot what he pronounced some-rod, he additionally claimed that GM Brian Cashman "betrayed him." besides the fact that if, in the previous Torre and the Yankees parted way, Cashman publically introduced that he was hoping Torre might stay supervisor for no less than yet another 3 hundred and sixty 5 days. It became Cashman who procured the furnish to Torre for yet another 3 hundred and sixty 5 days long settlement. Torre became the single which does not settle for the settlement and now he repays Cashman for his pains via trash-speaking approximately him in this captivating new e book. inspite of besides the fact that if or not Torre's derogatory comments have been actual it continues to be thoroughly pointless to jot down relating to the previous in a e book; what he did became incredibly unprofessional and in simple terms serves to teach that he continues to be bitter approximately leaving. I used to have admire for Torre even nevertheless he left - I understood that he in simple terms mandatory a clean start up. yet after this completely uncalled for episode, my opinion of him has long previous way, way down...

• Check with the local Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints. Check your local City Hall Business Permits. Thanks for looking out for the rest of us.

• do you expect the licensing board to revoke or suspend the non-existent license?

they cant act.