do we use a condom or not?

if you give someone head during foreplay is it really that big of a risk to not use a condom???

Comments

• As long as you don't have any cut or sores in your mouth, it's very low-risk.

I have never, ever used a condom for oral sex, even back in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

• Managing risk is in fact the key in all this. And manage it is all we can do, there is no such thing as eliminating risk.

I say this as its common knowledge that safe sex methods do fail, including condoms.

While what you say is right, condoms is lowering risk, it is not no risk. Yet a condom is the safest of choices. Oral sex is a risk.

In respect to risk.

I recall reading about a 17 year old female aids suffer. She had only ever had sex once in her life.

That is the time she lost her virginity. Never again did she have sex. He was a responsible respected member of her community. Talk about unlucky.

The message there is. Every encounter could be the one that gets you.

• Warning: mature material.

I'm sorry, but try not to listen to these yahoos. The highest risk in getting a disease iirc comes from precum because of concentration, and when pre is ejaculated it is often such a small amount so its hard to notice. Pre often releases early into any sexual acts (don't believe me, then try jacking off for about an hour and check your hand. Its probably not sweat) If you try to pull out and shoot then it is still very risky.

Also keeping c*m in your mouth is the most risky part. spitting or swallowing reduces the chance of getting an STD. swallowing it will most likely increase the chance of neutralizing any risky things as much as spitting.

• You should use a condom unless you're positive that they don't have any STI's. It is better to use a condom than to face the risk of contracting a STI. Unless you trust the person and you know they're clean, then don't use it. :)

• uva guy is right. As long as you have no open wounds - cuts or sores - in your mouth, the risk for serious diseases is low. However, you may still catch his cold or the flu. But you would get that from kissing as well.

• There is ALWAYS a risk,it's just a lot less when giving oral. And contrary to another answer here,avoiding semen won't work. Precum will get you long before the semen will.

If you don't know the sexual history of your partner, make him wear one.

• If it is a long term partner and you know that they haven't got an STI, it's probably not that much of a risk.

If you're not sure - Don't risk it, it's not worth it.

• There are these things that they make that are large silicone sheets that you put over your mouth to protect you, just like condoms. I would always suggest using protection over going bareback.

• Only if there is any risk of you having an STD... If you are sexually active and there is any chance you could, I would just in case! I would hate for something horrible to happen from just one night, ya know?

• well if they have not been tested for sexually transmitted infections and diseases you should use a condom, if they are clean you do not need one for head.