Contact Lenses: Monthly or Daily? Increase use time gradually or no?

Hello, I'm getting the daily disposable contact lens trial soon, and then hopefully I will buy them afterwards, but I have a few questions.

-What type of contacts do you recommend; daily or monthly?

-Do you have to gradually increase your hours of wearing them, from 4hrs to 5hrs, and then eventually to 9ish, or can you wear them for 9 hours on the first time?

Thanks.

Comments

• Daily lenses are much more expensive than monthly disposable lenses.If budget is not an issue, then daily disposable lens would be the best. No hassle, fresh new day and hygiene for your eyes. Otherwise, you can also choose a bi-weekly disposable lenses.

Recommended to start on gradually increase wearing time. Your eyes would probably feel slight discomfort after 4 hours of wearing due to the tremendous drop in oxygen entering your eyes.

However, if your trial lens is those with high oxygen permeability, then you can actually wear it the whole day. However, if you experience any discomfort, stop wearing it.

• I just got contacts this year, and I just pretty much jumped in to wearing them. For the first day I wore them for about 6 hours, the second day for 8, and then I just wore them all day after that. I would say you only have to take them out if they are irritating you. I got monthy contacts, and I haven't tried daily's yet, but honestly I think monthly's are better. It's already annoying having to throw away and open up a new pair every month, and I know I wouldn't have the patience to change them everyday. Also, the monthly ones don't get uncomfortbale the more you use them, they stay pretty much the same for me, they just get old. So to answer you question, you don't really have to gradually start wearing them, and while daily's might be more clean and comfortable, monthly's don't have to be changed as often and might be better.

• I use monthly, they seem to be less of a hassle.

I wouldn't recommend wearing them for a long time the first day. Start at around 4 hours for a day or two, then increase to a longer period of time, closer to 7 hours. So on like this. It took me about a week before being able to wear them all day comfortably.