Homemade Makeup Brush Cleanser Recipes?

I need a homemade makeup brush cleanser recipe with item you can find around the house. (i dont want to go out and buy anything)

Comments

• michelle phan (beauty guru on youtube) did a vid on brush cleaner w/ olive oil and antibacterial soap...watch it.

i love it and it cleans your brushes amazingly :)

return the favor?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201002...

• EASY! First of all, you should just check youtube. But since you're here, just use either baby shampoo or hand soap/dishwashing soap, and olive oil. I recommend either pure or extra virgin, but I did use Extra Light olive oil once when I didn't have anything else. Anyway, put some soap on a paper plate and add some olive oil next to it. The soap will clean, olive oil will restore softness and also take waxiness off of any liner brushes or things like that. Take your brush, and if it is dome shaped, swirl it in the mixture, but if it's more flat, run it throught back and fourth, making sure to get plenty of each product. Then, run it under the sink at a nice warm temperature, making sure the bristles are down. This will prevent water from going into the hanle and loosening the bristles. Once the cleaning mixture is rinsed out, dry your brush upside down, with bristles downward. I'd recommend the Coastal Scents brush guard for this step, but you can just rap the bristles in seram wrap or something. (spelling :/) Place your brushes with bristles pointing downward into a glass, and wait until the next day. Larger brushes take a long time to air dry. The excess water will be at the bottom of the cup, not in your bristles. Haha I know you only asked for a recipe, but I hope I helped you out!

• There are a couple of things you can use:

1) Face soap or regular old hand soap. If it's removing the oils, make-up and grime from your face day and night it's going to have the same properties to remove the grime built up in your brushes.

2) Conditioning Shampoo. Same principle. Removes oil, grime, conditions fibers of brush.

3)

Homemade Brush Cleaner:

2 cups water

2 tbsp rubbing alcohol (to disinfect - you can also use witch hazel or tea tree oil)

2 tbsp conditioning shampoo

1 tsp dish liquid (I prefer all natural dish soap antibacterial works good do especially if you are prone to acne)

Mix all ingredients vigorously in a container and transfer some to a spray bottle so that spray cleaning your brushes is easier.

With spray brush cleaners all that you do is spray the brush, wipe across paper towel or towel until brush wipes clean. The alcohol disinfects and the trace amounts of shampoo loosen dirt, oil, and makeup from the bristles.

4) Mix equal parts of vinegar and water. This might leave a smell but it's all natural and most people have it in their house. Vinegar disinfects and loosens dirt. I

5) Witch hazel contains about 14% alcohol which is why it works.

• Well heres like the greatest one ever! Pour antibacterial dishwasher soap (it will kill germs and clean out makeup ad dead skin cells) and olive oil (the dishwasher soap will dehydrate the brush, so the oil returns natureal oils the brush comes with) together in a bowl, and dip the brushes in. really soak them in the mixture, and swirl them on your hand and paper towel until all the makeup is removed. rinse them with water and then dry the brush UPSIDE DOWN so the water wot seep up and ruin the glue in the brush.

If you dont have anti bacterial dish washing soap, you can use regular dish washing soap and add achohal or hyrogen peroxide to the misture

• well i know this isnt homemade but ive heard you can use gentle shampoo or baby shampoo

• Here watch this video, all you need is extra olive virgin oil, water and shampoo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYz5MsoHqUM

• maybe johnsons baby shampoo. why the hell not.

• check youtube.