Why do sunglasses cost $200 up?

Seriously, I could buy myself a new TV or a suit with that money. What apart from the 1/2 inch branding makes it cost $200-500

Comments

• "- Obviously sir, you don't get it

- I'm listenin'

- These glasses eliminate 100% of all UV rays

- Obviously you don't get it. This tv decodes a digital satellite signal it picks up from outer ******* space"

ron white

• Sometimes if it is a very high tech sunglass it can cost more, but the only sunglasses that cost that much are designer.

I don't get any of the whole designer stuff. Yeah it's really nice, but if the pricetags are looking like the price of a used car, why bother?

For sunglasses you can get midrange, highquality, non-designer glasses, for 5-30$. I go for the 5 buck ones from Target or walmart, but that's just me.

• you pay for vanity, ie the brand name !

it could be made in China, Vietnam or Indonesia , even India but under a brand it costs $200-400 and unbranded for same article its only $ 10/-

I know you can get a " fake " Dior in Thailand for $10 bucks !

• I buy mine at the Dollar Tree. Why spend that much on a pair of sunglasses? You would be scared to even drop them... Mine can break and I don't even care 'cause they are only $1.. =))

• Sunglasses cost that much because people are willing to pay that much.....

Same with gas.... Gas is 4.00 a gallon because people are willing to pay it. If no one bought 4.00 a gallon gas then gas would go down. If no one bouhght 200 sunglasses then they would go down too

• yeah thats very tru..i think cuz it's a signature brand and good quality and last's for a long time...but i wouldn't waste my money on sunglasses..B)