do robins fly as far south as florida?

i would love to see robins in south florida, is that possible?

Comments

• Yes, in fact they nest there as well.

The Field Checklist of Florida Birds lists American Robin, with an asterisk behind it, indicating that they are a nesting species within the state. You can find the American Robin listed under Thrushes and Allies on this checklist: http://volusia.org/birding/blank.pdf

The checklist is compiled by the Florida Audubon Society, so if you have any questions, or would like to know the most likely places to find robins in Florida, contact them (contact info is on checklist).

• Yes. When I was living in Coral Gables, I had a bird feeder in my back yard, and would get cardinals, orioles, blue jays, and occasionally robins during the winter months.

• I live in southeast Texas. In the last four years, we have seen robins I believe twice and it's so exciting because we aren't used to seeing them and when they come, they are everywhere so yes I believe it's possible.

• i live in venice fl. just today i saw four very plump red breasted robins almost made me homesick next time i will get a photo!

• no, they generally go to the carolinas