My Philips 60pp93-5217 has a convergence problem....?

All corners of the screen seem to go out of wack where only the center is correct. I've read that this could be a convergence ics chip problem and they need to be replaced. It was also said that there may be a blown resitor somewhere on the board as well and if that is the case, the convergence ic's may blow yet again. Where can I find these convergence ic's for my TV? I also hear they come with a manual considering I'm not too much of a repair man in this respect.

Comments

• Have you already tried all the TV's convergence adjustments available from the user menu and the service menu? If not, try that first. Convergence ICs do go bad, but it's much more typical just to get some convergence drift you can correct yourself. If the user mode won't get you there, you'll need the service manual to get into service mode and perform a full geometry correction there. Neither of these procedures requires hardware adjustments. But if they don't work for you, you may indeed need a service call to troubleshoot your hardware.