800-1000 calories a day?

how much weight would i lose in a month on 800-1000 calories a day? i'm somewhat active. i'm 17 yrs old 5'5" 135 lbs. please don't just say that i don't need to lose weight (especially since i do). it would be all healthy food too.

Comments

• That's not how you want to go about trying to lose weight; trust me, I have been in a sport with weight categories/limitations.

If you want to lose weight, the way to do it is to increase your metabolism. You need to take in 1500 to 2000 calories a day AT LEAST. But if you do it right...you will def lose weight. Eat 5 to 6 (healthy) meals a day, each with about 400-500 calories. Eating more of these smaller meals rather than 3 main meals a day will speed up your metabolism and help you lose weight in a healthy way.

If you have any questions about how to do this or what to eat contact me and I'll try to help.

good luck :)

• oh no that is waaaay too little. Your body needs at least 1200 to keep the organs "alive". You need way more than 1200. You need to calculate your BMR and then multiply that number with the physical activity scale you can find online. Just google it. Anyway if you continue eating that little, your body will be lacking of energy and it won't fuction properly, you will get more prone for diseases and illness because your immune defense will be weak. Your body will be missing lots of minerals and vitamins you would normally get by eating a balanced, healthy ddiet that has the proper amount of kcal. I have no idea how old you are, ur weight hight or anything so i can't say for sure how many kcal you need. But women need approx 1500 on a diet with somewhat hard physical activity. Calculate it when you find the scale for a more exact number propriate to your activity level. If you want to lose 1lbs a week then try to have a 500kcal deficit per day, either by burning them off with exercises or by eating a bit less. I suggest a mixture. Now if you find out you need 2000kcal a day according to ur activity level you take 500 off and you will know what you need like 1600. This is an example but try for urself.

• That's too low. Considering you're already active, it would probaby put you into starvation mode and your body would start grabbing all the fat that it could get. If you did lose weight, it would all come back plus more when you got back to eating normal.

Are you sure that you need to lose weight? Have you gotten a body fat % measure taken? If not, then you have no idea where you stand. BMI is a joke.

Go here (calorie calc): http://magnetic-diet.com/calc/daily_calorie_calcul...

Figure out how many calories you need to stay where you are right now, then cut 500-1000 from that. That's all you can have every day. Space this out between 4-6 meals, eating every 3-4 hours. You can cheat one meal a week, but only one meal and be sure to really cheat when you do or you'll try to make up for it with other meals. Make a calorie sheet and write down everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, you eat or drink that has calories. Basically, everything except water. Make sure it adds up to whatever number you got earlier. Be sure to recalculate every few weeks as you lose weight. This will keep you accountable, so that you will not over eat.

• That would be classified as "starving yourself" Your body needs at your age 1600 calories a day to actually function. Please read up on calorie counting diets and stuff. It will actually make you gain more weight in the end... your body will go into "starvation" mode because it will shut down almost in a hibernation type mode... Where it will store EVERY bit of fat because its afraid of starving. You need to keep your levels up so that your body is burning the fat, not storing it..Keep your calories to no more than 1600 but more than 1200 a day. Write down everything you eat and its calories. Exercise cardio every day at least 6 days a week for an hour. Add in toning and such a few days along with the cardio. Pick a cheat day...a day where you can eat whatever you want but do not exceed 2800 calories...this will then "trick" your metabolism into thinking "oh my gosh! i have all this extra food! i need to kick it in gear and burn this fat to make room for it" Is lamens terms for you. But only stick to ONE cheat day a week and keep it the same day every week. Like every sunday or whatever.

• It's not about how many calories you are currently having, it is about a change in your overall calorie intake. Losing 500 calories a day from your current diet will lose about 1 pound per week is the general rule.

• the following answer is meant to be read without offense...

are you stupid!? A Human Being cannot survive on 800 or 1k calories a day! sure, you'll last a couple of years with a severe case of anorexia and you'll look like Frida Khalo on crack, but who cares as long as you lose a bunch of weight!

Yippeee for the mentality of this idiotic, childish, and Idiosyncrastic girl!

Please, don't do it.

• Do not starve your self. You will only make yourself fatter in your adulthood years. for a girl like you, at least 1,500 a day. Plus, if you are doing sports, consume more calories. Don't ruin your future, don't do what I did. I have a hard time keeping up with friend still, and it has been two years since I practically starved myself to death.

• that is not enough calories, your heart needs at least 1200 a day to function properly, even diabetics need more than that. 1400 is good for an adult who wants to lose pretty rapidly. Teens need more if they are active, because they are still growing.

• With light exercise, about 2-3 pounds per week.

• you will gain weight because your metabolism will slow down.

teens need at least 1500 calories a day---period.